In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Robert Glazer. Robert is the Founder and Chairman of the Board of Acceleration Partners, a global partner marketing agency, and the recipient of numerous industry and company culture awards, including Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Awards two years in a row. He is the author of the inspirational newsletter Friday Forward, the #1 Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and the international bestselling author of five books: Elevate and Friday Forward. His latest book is – Elevate Your Team: Empower Your Team To Reach Their Full Potential and Build A Business That Builds Leaders.
Leadership has gone through a dramatic shift and we’re missing out on the opportunity to use businesses as a way to grow human beings as leaders. Robert Glazer joins me in this episode to talk about how leaders can help develop their people as well as the organization for long-term success — all while keeping everyone fulfilled in both work and life.
Questions I ask Robert Glazer:
- [1:45] Would you characterize this as the new generation of leadership?
- [2:35] People are leaving jobs left and right because they aren’t fulfilled. Do you see this as a trend moving forward?
- [4:51] How essential is building trust when it comes to leadership?
- [6:16] How important is it to check your egos to gain a level of self-awareness before you can even start down this path?
- [7:35] Would you say that the things you talk about, your ideas, this approach, this mentality, this mindset is something that you found inherently in you or that came naturally to you as a way to build this business?
- [10:33] You have for many years now written a newsletter you call Friday Forward. How much of how you think about elevating your team came from what you learned writing that?
- [13:18] Do you think everybody in an organization needs to be looked at as a leader?
- [18:03] If you have everyone on your team reaching or at least feeling like they’re moving toward their full potential, what kind of marketing or brand impact do you suppose that has for an organization?
- [20:29] Want to tell people where they might connect with you, learn more about your work, but obviously also pick up a copy of the book?
More About Robert Glazer:
Learn More About The Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.