In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Adam Markel. Adam is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, and resilience researcher. He inspires leaders to master the challenges of massive disruption in his upcoming book, Change Proof: Leveraging the Power of Uncertainty to Build Long-Term Resilience.
When we think of resilience, we think of being able to “roll with the punches” and “bounce back” after uncertainty or change. But resiliency expert and bestselling author Adam Markel encourages you to aim higher. This kind of resilience—thriving versus surviving—is a skill you can cultivate, both personally and professionally. In this episode, we discuss how to truly, actually embrace change—to find the creative opportunity in uncertainty, as opposed to simply riding it out or reacting to it.
Questions I ask Adam Markel:
- [1:33] How would you define resilience?
- [2:36] Is resilience often confused with perseverance?
- [5:40] What does “Change Proof” mean in the title of your upcoming book?
- [8:23] Are you suggesting that stress needs to be a part of our daily practice in some way?
- [13:39] How do you embrace hope when you’ve been mentally drained from the last couple of years?
- [19:42] You talk a lot about how you can’t think big without having your basic needs met and one of the tools you talk about is gratitude for helping people – would you dive into more of what you mean by that?
- [24:16] Where can more people find out about your work and pick up a copy of your book?
More About Adam Markel:
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and WorkBetterNow.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Whether you are looking to sell your business in the near future or just want to make it more scalable and profitable, Work Better Now’s virtual assistants can help you get there.
Work Better Now clients say that their Virtual Executive Assistants have made an impact on their businesses well beyond their expectations. For only $1900/month, you get a full-time assistant who is 100% dedicated to your business. There are no contracts and no additional costs. Based in Latin America with incredible English proficiency and business experience, Work Better Now Assistants undergo a rigorous screening and on-boarding process.
Get $150.00 off per month for 3 months just by mentioning “Duct Tape”. Learn more here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND