In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Laura Bull. Laura is a bestselling author and brand strategist who specializes in transforming people into competitive and sustainable business brands. Her latest book is — From Individual to Empire: A Guide to Building an Authentic and Powerful Brand.
Laura Bull spent ten years with Sony Music Entertainment and spearheaded artist development including Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, and Johnny Cash.
Now she’s helping entrepreneurs discover and leverage their authentic and competitive brands. In this episode, we dive into how to build a personal brand, why she’s working to redefine the term “influencer”, and how to transform entrepreneurs into viable brands.
Questions I ask Laura Bull:
- [1:40] The branding of the music industry has changed dramatically — hasn’t it?
- [4:27] What’s one of the wackiest stories from working with artists in the music industry that you want to share or who’s somebody that came on the scene and didn’t develop like you thought they should have?
- [6:05] Could you talk about where we’re at today with personal branding and how influencer branding is a very different thing?
- [8:06] What are your thoughts on the idea that it isn’t about putting your name on all kinds of stuff and people who do a great job with influencer marketing have a point of view about what they’re trying to accomplish?
- [11:40] What’s the difference in your view of narrative versus storytelling?
- [13:56] Could you share a little about your five-part framework of an influencer — specifically if I’m a brand and I want to increase my influencer, what are the things I need to start thinking about doing first?
- [18:02] Could you unpack your brand matrix for us?
- [20:33] Where can people find out more about you and your work?
More About Laura Bull:
Learn More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND