In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Gino Wickman. Gino is the founder of EOS Worldwide, an organization that helps tens of thousands of businesses implement EOS – the entrepreneurial operating system with the aid of an international team of professionals and certified EOS implementers. He’s also the author of the award-winning best-selling book – Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business which has sold now over a million copies. He’s got a new book we’re talking about called The EOS Life: How to Live Your Ideal Entrepreneurial Life.
As an entrepreneur or business owner, creating an ideal life around doing what you love can be difficult. In this episode, best-selling author and founder of EOS Worldwide, Gino Wickman, shares how the five major points of the EOS Life will help you move forward towards doing what you love 100% of your working time.
The EOS Life will help you discover, clarify, and customize the life you want to live: one where you do what you love every day, with the people you love doing it with—while at the same time making a huge difference and impact, getting compensated very well for doing it, and still having plenty of time to pursue other passions, hobbies, and interests that energize you.
Questions I ask Gino Wickman:
- [1:28] What is EOS? Can you talk a little bit about the relationship between EOS life and EOS as a professional organization?
- [5:55] Can you talk about the 5 points from your book and the tools that go along with each point that help people live the EOS life – starting with number one?
- [9:05] Do you ever have people who come to the realization that they are great at something and they love to do this specific work, but they should delegate it? How does someone wrestle with that?
- [11:55] Let’s dive into the second point – with people you love.
- [15:19] Can you talk about the third point – making a huge difference?
- [17:37] There’s kind of an entrepreneurial myth: You’re a founder of this company and you put your sweat and blood into it and you don’t take any money out until it’s producing at a certain level. There’s a lot of folks that do that to themselves and let’s go right into number four – being compensated appropriately.
- [20:57] Let’s dive into the last point – with time for other passions.
- [23:44] So you did a sneaky thing – you put a bonus book inside a book. Can you talk about that a little bit?
- [25:26] Where can people learn more about your book, your work, and the resources you’ve mentioned?
More About Gino Wickman:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
The HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND