Today’s guest on the podcast is Dan Breeden, senior manager of strategic alliances for Yahoo Small Business.
Breeden and the team at Yahoo Small Business have been helping entrepreneurs establish their presence and compete in the crowded online marketplace for 20 years.
On today’s episode, we discuss the seismic shifts in customer behavior that have occurred over the past 10 years, and how small businesses can leverage their strengths to compete with the giant corporates using AI and machine learning to create highly personalized shopping experiences.
Questions I ask Dan Breeden:
- What is the state of Yahoo Small Business, and what do you offer?
- How would you describe the evolution of customer behavior over the last decade?
- How can small businesses compete on the tech that consumers have come to expect in their dealings with giants like Amazon?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How storytelling and personalization are linked, and why knowing your customer empowers you to build real relationships with them.
- Why knowing your customers really well can help you compete with the AI and machine learning used by the big guys.
- Why the most important part of analytics for a small business is deciding what to do with all the information you gather.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Dan Breeden:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.