In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Marc Mawhinney. Marc is a lifelong entrepreneur who helps coaches get more clients without paid advertising. He achieves this with his coaching programs, his podcast Natural Born Coaches, his Facebook group The Coaching Jungle, and his exclusive print newsletter – Secret Coach Club.
There are certainly a lot of people jumping into the coaching profession. Building a successful coaching business isn’t rocket science, but it does take following proven steps and building things properly from the ground up. In this episode, Marc Mawhinney and I walk through how to cut through the noise today and what it takes to build a profitable coaching business.
Questions I ask Marc Mawhinney:
- [1:37] How long have you yourself been a coach and where’d you get started with your training?
- [2:59] How do you find that you’re able to cut through that noise that you mentioned?
- [4:27] How do you get clients without paid advertising?
- [6:12] If I’m just getting started as a coach and need to get clients, is there a channel that you would tell people is a great place to get a jumpstart?
- [7:38] When you are working with coaches, what’s the thing they get wrong most often?
- [9:38] How does somebody who doesn’t have a reputation already go about building a reputation of influence or expertise?
- [11:45] What are some of the practices that you see that top-tier coach coaching businesses do?
- [13:52] What do you see successful coaches doing to actually stimulate referrals?
- [16:07] Is there a delivery mechanism you see that works best for coaching nowadays?
- [19:21] Are there any trends that you see in coaching right now you think people ought to be paying attention to?
- [20:18] Where can more people find out about your programs and your work?
More About Marc Mawhinney:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and WorkBetterNow.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Whether you are looking to sell your business in the near future or just want to make it more scalable and profitable, Work Better Now’s virtual assistants can help you get there.
Work Better Now clients say that their Virtual Executive Assistants have made an impact on their businesses well beyond their expectations. For only $1900/month, you get a full-time assistant who is 100% dedicated to your business. There are no contracts and no additional costs. Based in Latin America with incredible English proficiency and business experience, Work Better Now Assistants undergo a rigorous screening and on-boarding process.
Get $150.00 off per month for 3 months just by mentioning “Duct Tape”. Learn more here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND