Marketing Podcast with Laura Gassner Otting
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Washington Post Best Selling Author and Motivational Keynote Speaker, Laura Gassner Otting. A frequent contributor to Good Morning America, the TODAY Show, Harvard Business Review, and Oprah Daily. Laura’s 30-year experience is defined by her entrepreneurial edge. She served as a Presidential Appointee in Bill Clinton’s White House, helping shape AmeriCorps.
Her forthcoming book, Wonderhell, reimagines the stories we tell ourselves about success bringing you happiness, and shows how mixed emotions like fear, uncertainty, and stress accompany success.
Success is the ultimate goal for most people, we feel a series of positive emotions and desire to reach more every time we succeed. But it is also exhausting, anxiety-provoking, self-sabotaging, etc.…it’s hell. Laura uses the analogy of an amusement park with different towns and rides that represent the various emotions and challenges that come with pursuing success. She explains the roadmap to achieving success and accepting that there is only a finite limit to your growth.
Questions I ask Laura Gassner Otting:
- [03:27] Could you describe the amusement park theme that you build the book around?
- [05:01] How did you come up with the visual thought of being in an amusement park?
- [06:55] Can you explain the stress of the impostor syndrome?
- [10:56] Can you break down the Ferris wheel ride concept?
- [13:36] Why is the concept of hustle porn bad advice?
- [19:40] How the idea of success doesn’t feel the way it should because the destination doesn’t feel right?
- [21:34] Where are you on the different paths you describe in your book?
- [23:39] The concept of the Zen Buddhist Philosophy
More About Laura Gassner Otting:
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Comments are Closed